(archive 'newLISPer)

December 1, 2007

Problems

Filed under: newLISP — newlisper @ 14:30

Not relevant in the archive version>

Apparently this site doesn’t work properly in Internet Explorer 7.

I think that that’s a Windows-only browser, and therefore hard for me to test unless I go out and bought some Windows hardware and software…

(I believe both Firefox and Safari work on both Macs and Windows, and that Firefox also works on Linux.)

I don’t know what the problem might be. I fixed the few warnings and errors that the W3 Validator flagged (I encoded some stray ampersands, and added DIVs to FORM elements), so it’s possible that it now works.

Also…

I made a small change to the newsfeed script last week, and ever since then I’ve been getting non-stop updates in my RSS newsreader even when nothing has changed. This is another problem that might take some time to fix since I have no idea what the problem is.

I hope that normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Comment from newlisper

I found the problem with the news feed. I was using the database change date using file-info as the ‘updated’ time. But the database file changes sometimes even when no comments or posts are added. (I don’t know why that happens)… Luckily that can be fixed easily by looking the most recent addition instead.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: